Last week was the vomit quilt and this week, a completely unexpected finish. I'm linking up to TGIFF this week for my Aeroplane bag
See here for Part 1 of the construction and then Thursday night, I got busy finishing it off... have to say I lost count of the number of needles I broke, mainly because I didn't use the interfacing I should have, because I haven't ever used the correct interfacing I'm not sure just how stiff the bag should be.
It was incredibly easy, detailed pattern and instructions, go and check out Sew Sweetness because she's added a really cute bag to her patterns today..... considering I have only put 3 or so zips in anything and haven't used any proper thick interfacing i'm thrilled with it, I have managed to put a 2 yard roll of batting in there and it was still only half full. It's hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Amelia's little sewing machine fits in there.
Please don't ever look at my topstitching, the Bernina doesn't have a walking foot and it was sewing through 1/4" thick felt, canvas, batting, lining with interlining so understandably it jumped here and there.
I'm definitely going to make another one but will probably get the correct batting/interfacing.
Don't be too frightened, I made DH model the bag this morning so you could see just how big and roomy it is, he's 6ft3 and quite *large* cough cough...and it still is big with him lol...
And as today is Good Friday, I whipped some hot cross buns up in the bread machine yesterday and these were dutifully consumed this morning
Happy Good Friday :)