Celine nominated me for the Liebsters Award, it's been a while since I had one of these and things have changed a bit so thought I'd have another go. It has taken me ages to write this post though
I only just qualify, another 5 followers to go *grin*
To qualify, you need to have under 200 hundred followers (me) or be under 6 months old in blogging terms, and then do the following:
1.List 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer 11 random questions
3. Choose 11 blogs to pass it on to
4. Create 11 questions for those 11 people
Here it goes, 11 random things
1, I'm a Taurian and most definitely a classic one,
Patient and reliable,Warmhearted and loving,Persistent and determined
Placid and security loving
2, I've moved around alot, was born in Bath, lived in Greenford, Milton Keynes, Brighton, Shoreham, Horsham, Upper Beeding, Antibes (France) and now rural life in Central France.
3, I played the Cello as a kid
4, If I lost uk tv I'd move back like a shot, can't be doing without my brit soaps, although I actually don't tend to watch them, I'm on the computer or sewing and have it on more for background noise, it infuriates dh :)
5, I met DH in an online chat room on Millennium eve.
6, I love London and feel as if I've come *home* when I come over, I love the tubes, the hustle, the atmosphere, everything. I had such a blast working in St James's Street before I married dh
7, I hate banana's, pea's of any kind and most beans !!!!
8, If I could have any take away meal (and we could actually get them here in France, which we can't except having to go out to collect the pizza or pork/turkey kebab, which sorta is against the whole principal of takeaway) it'd probably be Indian, I'd have chicken tandoori starter, poppadoms with pickles, king prawn balti with naan and saag aloo... no room for dessert lol..
9, I started patchwork because I loved the How to make an American quilt and there was a club starting up in one of our villages and I thought it would be a good way to mix with the French more.
10, I text or phone my DH to come in from the workshop and come to bed cos it's easier and I'm lazy lol
11, I have a fabric addiction
Here are the answers to Celine's probing questions lol
1. When did you start quilting and why?
Answered in Random no 9 and I think it was late 2005/2006, had fits and starts and a big break in 2008-2010 because of living in a mobile home and not having room for the sewing machine
2. Where do you dream of living one day?
I'm pretty much living my dream, once the house and garden is finished because we've completely renovated a cow shed it's our perfect house, There are 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, quilting room and all the landscaping and finishing off outside to do, so won't be for a while yet
3 What is your favourite book?
4. Black of milk chocolate?
Milk and preferably fruit and nut
5. What is your favourite gadget (not sewing related)?
easy one, my new Nexus 4 phone :O)
6. Who is your favourite famous person?
hmmm not sure I've got one, bit of a cop out eh
7. What is your favourite notion?
If you can call the sizzix big shot a notion, it'd be that....I cannot believe how it has changed my quilting, binding strips, borders, accuracy of cutting... love it
8. What pattern would like to try one day?
I'd love to try a weekender bag or 241 tote but am not confident enough, for a quilt pattern i'd love just to be more adventurous
9. What is your favourite colour?
Clothes black cos it's slimming (but boring) I love red but don't wear or quilt with it enough.
10. If you had to pick one word to describe you, what would it be?
Fat lol... harsh but true :)
11. Are you usually taking part in swaps bees etc or have you never tried it (yet!)?
I have entered into some swops and am in my first ever bee this year, it's enjoyable and challenging not to muck up someone's blocks.
Here's the 11 blogs I'm nominating
1 Margie Stitcher
2 Nadine @thecreative bliss
11 indianna dreams
And my 11 probing questions
1) Name 4 things that are in reaching distance of you right now :)
2) What would your dream quilt shop be like?
3) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
4) Sweet or Savory ?
5) Stripes or Spots ?
6) What 3 things would you take with you to space ?
7) Who's your favourite fabric line/designer?
8) If you could describe yourself in 4 words what would they be?
9) Do you drink coffee or tea or something else ?
10) Why did you start/do you blog?
11) Have you met any RL bloggers ?
And now i'm off to catch up on Dallas and Good wife lol... I also signed up for Angela Walters Craftsy course
Have great evening